Neptune turns Direct: November 18, 2015, 8:32 am PT.
The Neptune Cycle
Neptune turns Direct in it’s own sign of Pisces. It spends about fourteen years in each sign and has a cycle of 165 years. The last time Neptune was in Pisces was April 1847 through February 1862. The next time will be approximately in the year 2176. During this new fourteen period each individual will express this energy in their own way, some more strongly than others. What we will find are changes on a global scale because Neptune is an outer planet and when outer planets change sign the effects have a worldwide impact.
The impact of Neptune
When Neptune is in Pisces, spirituality, the arts, music, photography, fashion, glamor, Hollywood, charity, oil, water, institutions, drugs and alcohol may be at the forefront during this period. Of course, many of these issues already are but will be emphasized. We may see this influence refining and purifying the gross materialism that seems to have overtaken the world. Perhaps you and your peers will revitalize spiritual practices all over the world, and seek to establish healing centers as well as spiritual retreats.
Necessities of Neptune
Perhaps the broken US health care system may have a chance at reform. The bill to legalize marijuana on the California ballot in November 2010 didn’t pass but it seems during the next fourteen years it’s a must. Right now, our drinking water, our oceans and our coast line is something we take for granted but during this time something will change. Neptune is after all, the ruler of the oceans.
The history of the Neptune influence
- The United States issued its first postage stamps
- Irish Potato Famine occurred
- California Gold Rush
- Elizabeth Blackwell becomes the first female doctor in the US
- James Knox Polk becomes the first President of the United States to have his photograph taken
- American Express is founded
- Europeans make up 22% of the world population
- the first protected submarine telegraph cable is laid across the English Channel
- the novel ‘Moby-Dick’ is published
- The Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children in London admits its first patient
- first Boat Race between Yale and Harvard occurs
- first Public Aquarium opens at the London Zoo
- American and German piano manufacturer Steinway & Sons is founded
- Alexander Wood invents the hypodermic syringe
- Major streets are lit by coal gas for the first time
- An epidemic of cholera in London kills about 10,000 people which is traced back to one single well water pump
- Opium Wars occur
- French fashion label Louis Vuitton was founded
- birth of the chemical industry starts
- New York banks close for 2 months following a major financial panic
- Divorce becomes legal in Britain
- Hollywood is founded
- Charles Blondin crosses Niagara Falls on a tightrope for the first time